Adult Series in Sweetwater County
- Due to COVID-19 (coronavirus), all CNP in-person classes have been cancelled until further notice. If you need assistance, please visit: https://uwyocnp.org/welcome/coronavirus-cnp/ or reach out to Wendy Nielson at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are working on providing classes online and will announce updates as well as share resources on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/UWCNP/
Helping Families Eat Better for Less
The Cent$ible Nutrition Program (CNP) is a state-wide cooking and nutrition education program. It is funded by the USDA through two grants, the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed).
The goal of CNP is to help families and individuals eat better for less. It follows the USDA MyPlate and the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. CNP is free to families and individuals who income qualify.
CNP is part of the University of Wyoming Extension and the University of Wyoming Family and Consumer Sciences Department.
Join and learn secrets to:
- Invest your food dollars in the best nutrition choices
- Stretch your food dollar to last the whole month
- Choose foods lower in fat and cholesterol
- Prepare low-cost meat dishes in tender, delicious ways
- Recognize advertising techniques that encourage you to spend more
- Increase calcium intake by including more calcium-rich foods in your diet
- Plan meals your family will enjoy
- Alter recipes so they are lower in fat, sugar, and sodium
- Protect your family from food born illnesses
- Save time, energy, and make new friends!
A series of lessons are available to participants. Those completing the lessons receive a diet analysis, a Cent$ible Nutrition Program Cookbook, cooking utensils, a grocery shopping list, and more.
For more information about the program, please contact Wendy Nielson at the Sweetwater County Extensions, (307) 352-6775 or visit the Cent$ible Nutrition Program website.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS OUR STAFF WILL BE WORKING REMOTELY UNTIL MAY 15TH. WENDY CAN BE REACHED ON HER CELL AT 307-350-5092 OR BY EMAIL.
The healthy choice should be the easy choice – for ALL families. Statewide, the Cent$ible Nutrition Program is seeking out new opportunities to promote policy, system, and environmental changes in the community. We hope these changes will increase access to healthy foods and physical activity for everyone. You can find out more about CNP’s community projects around the state on the CNP Community Engagement & Outreach page.
If you are interested in working together to promote healthy change in Sweetwater County community, please contact Wendy!