Where is the office?

3401 Coffeen Ave.
Watt Agricultural Building
Sheridan, WY 82801

What is Cooperative Extension Service?

Cooperative Extension Service is a partnership between the University of Wyoming and the Sheridan County Government.

Four educators who are employed by the University of Wyoming work in the Cooperative Extension service office of Sheridan County and provide educational resources for individuals and groups in the county.

These resources include agriculturehorticulture and nutrition, as well as the Sheridan County 4-H program.

Where can I get a soil or water test kit?

Soil & Water Testing is now being done at the CSU Testing Laboratory. Soil sample kits can be picked up at the UW Extension-Sheridan County Office. For more information, please visit: http://www.soiltestinglab.colostate.edu/

Where can I get a radon test kit?

Radon Test kits can be ordered online, or if you prefer to purchase your Radon Test Kit locally, contact Alpine Climate Control in Sheridan at 672-9748 or in Buffalo at 684-2665.

How can I get a Private Pesticide Applicator License?

You must either attend a training session (contact the Extension Office for scheduled class times) or you may follow the link below to print a Pesticide Training Manual Home Study Course. This study course has all the answers in it, you just have to read through it and fill out the answers. Bring the completed manual to the Extension Office. There is no charge for a Private Pesticide Applicator License.

How can I get a Commercial Pesticide Applicator License?

  1. Speak with your employer to determine which tests you will need to take. (If you and/or your employer are not sure which tests you need, contact the Extension Office for help.)
  2. Study! (Links to common training materials can be found below. If you don’t see the material you need there, click here for the University of Wyoming’s exhaustive list of downloadable training material.)
  3. Come to the Extension Office to take your test(s). (Tests must be taken on-site at the Extension Office. There is a $25 charge unless you are government exempt.)